Thank you Emma from Bella’s Closet for nominating me! I’m about as stylish as a lump on a log, but I happily accept my award anyway!
In compliance with the meme, here are SEVEN (7) facts about me:
ONE. I am the managing editor of Kartika Review, a national Asian/Pacific American literary arts journal. Earlier this year Kartika launched an initiative called The 500 Project, which seeks to scour the country for 500 individuals who answer YES to the question, “Does Asian American literature matter?” If you’re an APA reader or writer, click on the above logo to learn more. We want to feature and profile you! Or, please help us forward the call. See: http://www.kartikareview.com/500project.
TWO. I am a sister of Sigma Psi Zeta and pledged with the Delta Chapter back in… oh, you don’t need to know the year. I do not usually advertise my Greek affiliation. Not sure why I felt like doing so for this meme. Bonus points for whoever can find out my pledge name. =)
THREE. In my spare time, I enjoy writing literary fiction, which may explain Fact #1 above.
FOUR. I confess: I’m an ailurophile. I am particularly in love with the above-pictured kitty, Prince Marshall Rimbaud the Great, also known as Guai Guai.
FIVE. The above photo is a snapshot of what I looked at for several hours last week and will again this week. I’m a transactional attorney, which means I do not typically step foot in a courtroom, but lately I’ve had to. And…if you can make out the plaque on the table, that’s also typically the side I represent when I do have to go to court. (I hope it isn’t getting too evident that I am running out of facts about myself…)
SIX. As soon as I come home from work and step through the front door, the resident kitty will come running to greet me. Every single time. Never fails. We both have attachment issues. Refer back to Fact #4…
Guai Guai is also why Taryn Zhang only sells vegan leather. First, I thought about someone skinning my cat and turning him into a handbag. The horror! Then I thought, how is that different from a cow or python or what else have you!? And the more I thought about it, the less I could bring myself to offer genuine leather.
SEVEN. I am Taiwanese American. Wa shee dai wan lang. Wo shi tai wan ren. Actually, I’m in significant part Hakka, but that’s beside the point and getting way too ethnically complicated.
In further compliance with this meme, I pass the award on to the following bloggers:
- “Have A Little Faith” – Betty has a sharp, urban, urbane style. And she needs to blog more frequently. So this is my way of pushing her. (Betty is also a fellow Sigma.)
- “Tiny in NYC” – A fellow barrister, Em is as intelligent as she is pretty. She dresses the way I wish I dress! Her style blog is every level of fabulous.
- “Thereafterish” – One of my favorite personalities, Mae has a unique voice in the style-bloggie circuits. Her wardrobe is sassy, creative, full of color, textures, and patterns.
- “Solo Lisa” – Lisa– oh my goodness– Lisa is so, so chic. She never goes wrong in any of her OOTDs. Ever. And I’m loving her recent ventures into vlogging!
- “the VersaStyle” – Annette is the most fashion-forward style blogger I read. Her style is bold, edgy, and fierce. And she’s a talented photographer to boot! (Get it, hehe? To boot? She designs footwear. Sorry. I’m lame.)
- “80,000 Words” – Christine is a writer, but one with an amazing sense of style, always sophisticated and polished. (Christine is a fellow editor on the Kartika board.) I would love it if she participated in this meme, even if she isn’t per se classified as a style blogger.
- “Niniane’s Blog” – Also not per se classified as a style blogger, I still nominate Niniane because I love her blog. And I’ve seen her style. Impeccable. Guys totally fawn over this one, and for good reason! Her blog (and style) rocks!
I would have nominated Emma for the award as well, but she’s the one who nominated me. =) Thanks, again!
Instructions in a nutshell. Link back to the blogger who awarded you. Set forth seven (7) facts about yourself. Nominate up to seven (7) other bloggers deserving of the award. Be sure to include the Stylish Blogger Award logo somewhere in the post.